Got an iPhone with you and are looking for the way to enter DFU mode on it? What you don’t even know what does that mode mean? Well, you don’t need to panic anymore, as I am here with all details about iPhone DFU Mode and how you can enter it easily. Just keep reading ahead.
What is iPhone DFU mode?
DFU mode is nothing but a state in which you can put your iPhone so that it can easily interact with the iTunes, but does not load any of iPhone boot loader or operating system. The former makes it different from the recovery mode. By the way, DFU stands for Device Firmware Update.
Since now you know about iPhone DFU Mode, I guess you are willing to know the process about how to enter DFU mode. Just keep reading ahead to know it.
What is Use of DFU mode?
The most common reason why people use this mode is when they need to change the firmware version on their iPhone device. The said work is done by entering the DFU mode. You can downgrade to any lower firmware by entering in this mode, or can also install any custom firmware for the purpose of performing jailbreak or SIM unlock.
This much info about DFU mode is more than enough to tell you if this is you really need. Who knows you may be in need of it anytime soon? So, it’s better to have knowledge of the process. Just keep reading ahead.
How to enter iPhone DFU mode
- First of all, use the USB cable to connect your iPhone to computer. After doing so, just launch the iTunes on it.
- It’s time to turn off your iPhone device. I believe you already know how to do so. Yeah, just need to press and hold the power button to make it happen.
- Now, press and hold sleep/power button and home buttons together for a short time, say for 10 seconds. After doing so, release the power button.
- Now, hold down the Home button and you will see an alert message telling you an iPhone in recovery mode has been detected.
- Soon, your iPhone’s screen will be back completely telling that it has successfully entered the DFU mode.
- If you see any message, restore logo, iTunes logo on your iPhone’s screen, then you are not in DFU mode. Only completely black screen is the indication that you are in DFU mode. In case you don’t get it, then of course, you need to repeat the steps mentioned earlier.
Exit DFU mode on iPhone
Now you know all about iPhone DFU Mode and how to enter it. It’s time to know the process to exit it. All you need to do is to press and hold down the Home and sleep/power buttons on the iPhone. Make sure that when you do so, you are connected to iTunes. Now press the Power button to reboot your iPhone.
That’s all done. Now you know all about DFU, entering and exiting it. In case you need any further help, just hit the below comment section.