The highly popular app in the app market, WhatsApp has now released a new version 2.11.5 for iOS 7 users. The new interface of the app is completely inspired with the visuals of iOS 7, even there is an update to icon of app which is now flatter and less glossy as compared to the icon of last version. There are many new features added in this version of the app like broadcasts list (helps users to send out the same message as blind carbon copy to many number of people on your contact list), larger thumbnails, improved location sharing with the ability for hiding places and support for 3D maps, changes text sizes according to iOS system setting, new option for alert sound, manages blocked content with a improved interface and more.
Below are the stated release notes for WhatsApp version 2.11.5:
- new iOS 7 User Interface
- broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
- improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
- large thumbs: see more
- new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
- application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
- new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
- crop image before sending
Reminder: you can backup your WhatsApp conversations into iCloud. Simply visit WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup and tap on “Back Up Now”
The new design of the app is inspired by the very same template which is being followed by every other app to match the aesthetics of iOS 7. It is designed in such a way that there are enough white spaces, flat graphics (inspired from iOS 7) and blue accents which are delicately put. The app seems simpler and hassle-free after this new update. If it does not get automatically updated, then you can directly download the new version of WhatsApp for free by going on the iOS app store available on your home screen of all your iOS 7 devices. Just be sure to back up all your WhatsApp conversations on to iCloud before downloading it as told in the release notes.you can findthe new WhatsApp in the App Store for free.